Housing & Home Heating
- Affordable Housing: Rental and home ownership opportunities are available for eligible households. Contact the Selectmen's Office for more information at 508-647-6410.
- BayPath Elder Services: BayPath provides advocacy and services to enable older people to live independently and comfortably in the community, while promoting well-being and dignity. Call 508-573-7200 or visit their website.
- Citizens Energy Oil Heat Program: This program provides heating assistance during the cold weather months to eligible households, apartment buildings, shelters and Native American tribes in each state where the program operates. Working together with local oil dealers and fuel assistance agencies, we seek to ease some of the burdens felt by low-income individuals and families when temperatures turn cold. To apply, please call 877-563-4645. Please visit their website to learn about other assistance organizations and programs in Massachusetts.
- Disabled Accommodation: If you paid for home improvements to accommodate a household member age 60+ with a disability, you may qualify for a property tax exemption. Contact the Assessors at 508-647-6420. The Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission offers no/low-interest loans for home modifications: call 617-204-3739 or visit their website.
- Good Neighbor Energy Fund: The Salvation Army provides fuel assistance. Call Human Services at 508-647-6519 or visit their website.
- Housing Subsidies: Natick Housing Authority and the South Middlesex Opportunity Council provide state or federal, elderly, disabled or Section 8 housing programs. Call the NHA at 508-653-2971 or SMOC at 508-620-2335.
- Home Heating: Many households qualify for help with Human Services at 508-647-6519 or Council on Aging at 508-647-6540.
- NStar: NStar offers several Financial Assistance Programs including arrears forgiveness, discount rates, payment plans and other options for households.