- You Are Here:
- Public Works
- Highway/Sanitation Division
- Trash & Recycling Collection
- Small Business Recycling Information
Small Business Recycling Information
Natick Small Business Recycling & Waste GuideLike our Residents, all Natick businesses are encouraged to recycle; in some instances, it is mandatory. Businesses operating in Massachusetts must follow state and federal rules and regulations for the disposal of waste.
The Town of Natick encourages businesses to engage in the proactive, responsible recycling of waste materials whenever possible. This guide outlines resources for recycling materials and disposing of waste, as well as the rules and regulations that businesses must follow.
- Private Hauler for Recycling and Trash
- Natick Recycling Center (information below)
- The A- Z Natick Recycling List
- Natick is served by the Northeast region of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP).
- To dispose of banned materials or find companies to process used materials, check the list of companies that collect or process items on the Mass Material Trader website.
Rules & Regulations
- Massachusetts Waste Disposal Bans
- The following items are prohibited from disposal and/or transfer for disposal in Massachusetts:
- Asphalt pavement, brick, and concrete
- Cathode ray tubes
- Clean gypsum wallboard
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Glass and metal containers *
- Lead acid batteries
- Recyclable paper, cardboard and paperboard *
- Single resin narrow-necked plastics
- Treated and untreated wood and wood waste
- White goods (large appliances)
- Whole tires (banned from landfills only; shredded tires acceptable)
- 310 CMR 19.017: Waste Disposal Ban Regulation
- MassDEP Waste and Recycling Laws & Rules:
- Includes brochures, guides, a matrix of all laws and regulations in tabular form
- Regulations for solid and toxic waste, water disposal bans, Federal & State laws