Please note that all dates are approximate and are subject to change. This information will be updated periodically.
Construction and Project Updates – 11/29/2021
- The Cochituate Rail Trail is open to the public, with a few remaining construction items, including improvements to the connecting path at Route 9 westbound.
- The Natick section of the CRT terminates in the area of Mechanic Street and Whitney Field, pending a future extension to the Natick Center MBTA Station.
- The Natick Department of Public Works has constructed paved access paths to Whitney Field and LaGrange Street.
- Designated public parking is currently limited.
- The Natick Conservation Commission owns a lot at 11 Mechanic Street that is open to the public and is intended for use for the CRT. DPW will be improving this lot in 2022 and building a formal, direct connection to the CRT.
- Public parking is also available at the end of Chrysler Road.
- Additional parking is available where permitted by Town regulations, such as lots and on-street parking in Natick Center.
- Public access is prohibited from Mechanic Street to the Natick Center MBTA Station. The MBTA will extend the pathway to the outbound platform of the new Natick Center MBTA Station when the MBTA Station is completed (date TBA). The Town is planning a viaduct connection to Main Street as part of the Natick Center Connection, and design for this connection started in April 2021.
- Contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
- On July 19, 2019, MassDOT held a groundbreaking ceremony for the Natick CRT project and to announce the final State Bicycle and Pedestrian Transportation Plans. See MassDOT blog.
- On September 28, 2021, MassDOT held a ribbon cutting ceremony for the CRT at the Route 30 bridge that connects Natick and Framingham.
- Construction is funded with 80% federal and 20% state funding through the Boston Region Metropolitan Planning Organization.
- The Town of Natick acquired the right of way from CSX Transportation in 2016, and temporary and permanent easements were acquired in 2018.