Natick Health Department
COVID-19 Vaccine 04-19-2021
Everyone age 16 or older who lives, works or studies in Massachusetts is now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. After you pre-register you will be contacted to book an appointment when one is available at a Mass Vaccination Site. Due to high demand and limited vaccine supply, it may take several weeks to schedule an appointment or to be notified that an appointment is available. Here is the link to pre-register for an appointment: https://vaccinesignup.mass.gov/#/
Please note - At this time, if you are under 18 years of age you can only get the Pfizer vaccine and there are certain steps to take that you can find here: https://www.mass.gov/lists/ma-consent-and-screening-forms-for-people-under-18-years-of-age
Search other locations: https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/
Some retail pharmacy locations that provide vaccine use their own websites for appointment registration.
Individuals without internet access can call toll free to either 2-1-1 or 877-211-6277 for assistance in scheduling an appointment. MASS 2-1-1 available 24/7 and supports multiple languages.
For general questions regarding the COVID-19 vaccine:
Email: Address for questions to the State: Covidfirstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: The State is also available 24/7 for COVID-19 calls: Dial 211
All calls are free and confidential. Available in multiple languages.
As always, please do not hesitate to call the Natick Health Department at 508-647-6460
Here's a list of Local COVID-19 test sites:
Please note that Information continues to evolve quickly, so we encourage all those looking to be tested to contact the site prior to arrival. Many sites may also require pre-screening, a referral and/or an appointment.
TESTING SITE MAP CLICK HERE:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Natick Updates
- Town Services
- State Updates
- COVID-19 Tips
- Natick Public Schools
- Info. for Businesses
Board of Health (BOH) School Metrics
These are new weekly school metrics that were adopted by the BOH at the 1/11/21 Board Meeting. The metrics are for the week ending 4/29/2021
Average Daily New Cases in Natick per 100k /14 days
(Source: Weekly COVID-19 public health data report. State rate used for comparison purposes only)
- Threshold/Benchmark: 10 cases or less
- Natick Current Rate: 12.7.- Lower
- State Current Rate: 20.0 - Lower
Positivity Percent Rate of PCR Tests in Natick for Last 14 Days
(Source: Daily state dashboard & weekly COVID-19 public health report. State rate used for comparison only. )
- Threshold/Benchmark: 5% or Lower
- Natick Current Rate: 1.45 % - Lower
- State Current Rate: 2.01% - Lower
Average Daily Prevalence Rate in Natick for 7 Days
(Measures the number of present cases during a specified time in relation to the population of Natick.)
- Threshold/Benchmark: Rate 5 or less
- Natick Current Rate: 1.15% - Lower
- Highest Rate - 4/22/21 - 1.52%
- Lowest Rate - 4/27/21 - 0.80%
- Threshold/Benchmark: No Evidence of School-Based Transmission as listed below
- Natick Current Status: No confirmed school-based transmission
Student Absentee Rates above 10%
Staff Absentee Rates: Ability to Staff Schools
- All School Absentee Rate: 5%
Natick Color Coded Risk Rating
(State Weekly Public Health Data Report.)
- Threshold/Benchmark: Natick Coded in Red as a High Risk Community for 3 Consecutive Weeks
- Natick Current Classification: YELLOW
Natick COVID-19 Case Charts
COVID-19 Incubation Timeline
Town Building Protocols
For the safety of all Town Staff, please remember that Town Hall, Cole Center (Parks and Rec) and DPW are open to the public by appointment only. The front doors remain locked and properly signed for the public to make sure all coming to the front door are aware of the need to make an appointment and the need to practice social distancing and wear a mask when in Town buildings. The Town’s main phone message and the Town’s website, also note this condition.
Other Town Buildings/Departments are providing services to the Natick population in a manner compliant with the Natick Board of Health and the services provided. This includes our public safety departments (Police/Fire), Morse and Bacon Libraries, as well as the Community Senior Center. Please contact these departments directly with any inquiries for services.
The following measures and protocols remain in place in Town Buildings:
- Entry by the Public: Members of the public will be allowed to enter most Town buildings only if they have an appointment with a Town employee and only if they are being accompanied by a town staff member throughout the building. Members of the public must contact the appropriate department, who should come to the front door to meet them.
- PPE: Each person entering any Town building, whether employee or customer, is asked/expected to wear proper face coverings. In the event that an employee or customer does not have a face covering, one will be provided.
- Movement within the building: For all appointments, customers should be accompanied throughout the building (at a safe distance) to and from any appointments.
- Visitor Log: For contact tracing purposes each department will still keep a log of all customers who enter the building.
Additional Town Information
- Curbside Recycle, Trash & Composting - remains operating on its regular schedule.
- Recycling Center - Click here for more information.
- Natick Blue PAYT Bags - Click here for more information.
- Bulk Pick-Up - For bulk pick up information, click here.
- Pink Bag Pick-Up - For more information about curbside collection by Simple Recycling, click here.
- Recreation & Parks: Click here for most up-to-date Rec and Parks information.
- Morse Institute Library -
- Bacon Free Library - For information on the Bacon Free Library, click here.
- Community Senior Center - All programming and services are suspended until further notice. Staff will be available during regular business hours to provide alternative arrangements for any who need access to important services. Please call 508-647-6540 with any questions or concerns.
- Town Clerk - Click Here to view the information regarding the Town Clerks office (Vital Records, Marriage licenses...)
- Fire Department:
- 26F home sale inspections are by appointment only. Call Fire Prevention to schedule, 508-647-9556.
- No CPR classes until further notice.
- Permits and inspections are by appointment only. Call Fire Prevention to schedule, 508-647-9556.
- Police Department:
- Firearms applications are now being accepted. Applications with instructions can be found at the NPD Website. Completed packets (please include email address) can be dropped off at dispatch or mailed to:
Natick Police Department
attn: Firearms Licensing
20 East Central St.
Natick, MA 01760
- A licensing official will contact the applicant to schedule a date and time, Monday through Friday between 10 and 2. Masks must be worn. Appointments are subject to be postponed, delayed or cancelled.
- No requests for finger printing for the public
- No inspecting or installing car seats
- Citizens calling for police services will be screened by our dispatch staff and Shift Commanders to determine if an immediate police response is needed.
- We will take reports for past events (identity theft, credit card fraud, vandalism, etc.) via the telephone if applicable.
- Those who walk in to the station lobby will also be screened to determine if a phone report is appropriate. We encourage citizens to call the department via telephone ahead of time before traveling to the station to make a report. In many cases, a police officer can and will take care of your needs by phone.
- We also offer on-line reporting. Please go to natickpolice.com and click on "Online Reporting". You will find instructions and links to assist you.
TO READ the entire NEWSLETTER, CLICK HERE for pages 1 & 2
Mandatory Safety Standards for workplaces: CLICK HERE
Mandatory documents and resources for ALL open businesses:
- MA COVID-19 CONTROL PLAN
- MA COVID-19 CONTROL ATTESTATION FORM
- MA COVID-19 EMPLOYER POSTER
- MA COVID-19 EMPLOYEE POSTER
- PROTECT YOURSELF AND COWORKERS POSTER
- MASS RESTAURANT CHECKLIST
- RESTAURANT PROTOCOL SUMMARY
* Note: For a temporary outdoor dining permit, please refer to the Community Development webpage:https://www.natickma.gov/162/Community-Economic-Development
Close Contact Personal Services:
STATE AND NATIONAL RESOURCES
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- TIPS TO MAKE COVID-19 ISOLATION & QUARANTINE EASIER
- Massachusetts Resources
- MA COVID-19 Updates and Information
- Nursing Home Family Resource Line, a dedicated telephone line that will connect family members of nursing home and rest home residents with the information and resources they need. This resource was created so that family and community members have one central contact that they can reach out to if they have questions or concerns about the care their loved one is receiving during the COVID-19 outbreak. Staff will coordinate across state agencies to help callers find answers to their questions.
- Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA) COVID-19 Guidance Documents
- COVID-19 Guidance and Information for Day Care Centers and Preschools.
- Natick Resources
- Information for Food Establishments
We know that people want to help others during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are some recommendations of what you can do (document adapted from the US Food and Drug Administration)
Questions? Contact the Natick Health Department at 508-647-6460.