COVID-19 Moderna Vaccine Clinic
The upcoming clinic scheduled for January 27th, 2021 for Phase 1 eligible individuals is FULL
For up-to-date vaccine clinic information locations in MA, visit this site frequently as new information becomes available: COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Locations
Your enthusiasm for the vaccine is appreciated - please check the following links OFTEN as information from the Commonwealth changes and clinics are added:
When are you eligible? See the Phases, Priorities and Distribution timeline here.
Most recent COVID-19 information: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-updates-and-information
Please Note: The reverse 911 COVID-19 update call from Sunday January 3rd, 2021 inadvertently had a misstated line regarding the new variant strain of the virus.
The line stating “the symptoms caused by this variant do not appear to be severe” should have read: “ the symptoms caused by this variant do not appear to be MORE OR LESS severe than the COVID-19 virus”
We will continue to present only science based information and guidance from our expert leaders in this field and the CDC. We apologize for any confusion this may have presented.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Testing Locations
- Natick Updates
- Town Services
- State Updates
- COVID-19 Tips
- Natick Public Schools
- Info. for Businesses
- Communications & Awareness
Board of Health (BOH) School Metrics
These are new weekly school metrics that were adopted by the BOH at the 1/11/21 Board Meeting. The metrics are for the week ending 1/20/21.
Average Daily New Cases in Natick per 100k / 14 days
(Source: Weekly COVID-19 public health data report. State rate used for comparison purposes only)
- Threshold/Benchmark: 10 cases or less
- Natick Current Rate: 47.6 - lower
- State Current Rate: 75.5 - lower
Positivity Percent Rate of PCR Tests in Natick for Last 14 Days
(Source: Daily state dashboard & weekly COVID-19 public health report. State rate used for comparison only. )
- Threshold/Benchmark: 5% or Lower
- Natick Current Rate: 4.05% - trending down
- State Current Rate: 5.86% - trending down
Average Daily Prevalence Rate in Natick for 7 Days
(Measures the number of present cases during a specified time in relation to the population of Natick.)
- Threshold/Benchmark: Rate 5 or less
- Natick Current Rate: 4.46 - lower
- Highest Rate - 1/15/21 - 5.11
- Lowest Rate - 1/19/21 - 3.70
- Threshold/Benchmark: No Evidence of School-Based Transmission as listed below
- Natick Current Status: No confirmed school-based transmission
- Benchmarks: School Clusters, None confirmed.
Student Absentee Rates above 10%
Staff Absentee Rates: Ability to Staff Schools
Weekly Student Absentee Rate <7%
Natick Color Coded Risk Rating
(State Weekly Public Health Data Report.)
- Threshold/Benchmark: Natick Coded in Red as a High Risk Community for 3 Consecutive Weeks
- Natick Current Classification: YELLOW
Here's a list of Local COVID-19 test sites:
Please note that Information continues to evolve quickly, so we encourage all those looking to be tested to contact the site prior to arrival. Many sites may also require pre-screening, a referral and/or an appointment.
TESTING SITE MAP CLICK HERE:
COVID-19 Incubation Timeline
Gov. Baker's COVID-19 Orders - Effective Friday, November 6th
Town Building Protocols
For the safety of all Town Staff, please remember that Town Hall, Cole Center (Parks and Rec) and DPW are open to the public by appointment only. The front doors remain locked and properly signed for the public to make sure all coming to the front door are aware of the need to make an appointment and the need to practice social distancing and wear a mask when in Town buildings. The Town’s main phone message and the Town’s website, also note this condition.
Other Town Buildings/Departments are providing services to the Natick population in a manner compliant with the Natick Board of Health and the services provided. This includes our public safety departments (Police/Fire), Morse and Bacon Libraries, as well as the Community Senior Center. Please contact these departments directly with any inquiries for services.
The following measures and protocols remain in place in Town Buildings:
- Entry by the Public: Members of the public will be allowed to enter most Town buildings only if they have an appointment with a Town employee and only if they are being accompanied by a town staff member throughout the building. Members of the public must contact the appropriate department, who should come to the front door to meet them.
- PPE: Each person entering any Town building, whether employee or customer, is asked/expected to wear proper face coverings. In the event that an employee or customer does not have a face covering, one will be provided.
- Movement within the building: For all appointments, customers should be accompanied throughout the building (at a safe distance) to and from any appointments.
- Visitor Log: For contact tracing purposes each department will still keep a log of all customers who enter the building.
Additional Town Information
- Curbside Recycle, Trash & Composting - remains operating on its regular schedule.
- Recycling Center - Click here for more information.
- Natick Blue PAYT Bags - Click here for more information.
- Bulk Pick-Up - For bulk pick up information, click here.
- Pink Bag Pick-Up - For more information about curbside collection by Simple Recycling, click here.
- Recreation & Parks: Click here for most up-to-date Rec and Parks information.
- Morse Institute Library -
- Bacon Free Library - For information on the Bacon Free Library, click here.
- Community Senior Center - All programming and services are suspended until further notice. Staff will be available during regular business hours to provide alternative arrangements for any who need access to important services. Please call 508-647-6540 with any questions or concerns.
- Town Clerk - Click Here to view the information regarding the Town Clerks office (Vital Records, Marriage licenses...)
- Fire Department:
- 26F home sale inspections are by appointment only. Call Fire Prevention to schedule, 508-647-9556.
- No CPR classes until further notice.
- Permits and inspections are by appointment only. Call Fire Prevention to schedule, 508-647-9556.
- Police Department:
- Firearms applications are now being accepted. Applications with instructions can be found at the NPD Website. Completed packets (please include email address) can be dropped off at dispatch or mailed to:
Natick Police Department
attn: Firearms Licensing
20 East Central St.
Natick, MA 01760
- A licensing official will contact the applicant to schedule a date and time, Monday through Friday between 10 and 2. Masks must be worn. Appointments are subject to be postponed, delayed or cancelled.
- No requests for finger printing for the public
- No inspecting or installing car seats
- Citizens calling for police services will be screened by our dispatch staff and Shift Commanders to determine if an immediate police response is needed.
- We will take reports for past events (identity theft, credit card fraud, vandalism, etc.) via the telephone if applicable.
- Those who walk in to the station lobby will also be screened to determine if a phone report is appropriate. We encourage citizens to call the department via telephone ahead of time before traveling to the station to make a report. In many cases, a police officer can and will take care of your needs by phone.
- We also offer on-line reporting. Please go to natickpolice.com and click on "Online Reporting". You will find instructions and links to assist you.
- Complete the Massachusetts Travel Form prior to arrival, unless you are visiting from a lower-risk state designated by the Department of Public Health.
- Quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72-hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts.
** If your COVID-19 test result has not been received prior to arrival, visitors and residents MUST quarantine until they receive a negative test result.
Failure to comply with the travel order may result in a $500 fine per day.
TO READ the entire NEWSLETTER, CLICK HERE for pages 1 & 2
Mandatory Safety Standards for workplaces: CLICK HERE
Mandatory documents and resources for ALL open businesses:
- MA COVID-19 CONTROL PLAN
- MA COVID-19 CONTROL ATTESTATION FORM
- MA COVID-19 EMPLOYER POSTER
- MA COVID-19 EMPLOYEE POSTER
- PROTECT YOURSELF AND COWORKERS POSTER
- MASS RESTAURANT CHECKLIST
- RESTAURANT PROTOCOL SUMMARY
* Note: For a temporary outdoor dining permit, please refer to the Community Development webpage:https://www.natickma.gov/162/Community-Economic-Development
Close Contact Personal Services:
STATE AND NATIONAL RESOURCES
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- TIPS TO MAKE COVID-19 ISOLATION & QUARANTINE EASIER
- Massachusetts Resources
- MA COVID-19 Updates and Information
- Nursing Home Family Resource Line, a dedicated telephone line that will connect family members of nursing home and rest home residents with the information and resources they need. This resource was created so that family and community members have one central contact that they can reach out to if they have questions or concerns about the care their loved one is receiving during the COVID-19 outbreak. Staff will coordinate across state agencies to help callers find answers to their questions.
- Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA) COVID-19 Guidance Documents
- COVID-19 Guidance and Information for Day Care Centers and Preschools.
- Natick Resources
- Information for Food Establishments
We know that people want to help others during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are some recommendations of what you can do (document adapted from the US Food and Drug Administration)
Questions? Contact the Natick Health Department at 508-647-6460.