2021 Annual Town Election
The 2021 Annual Town Election is scheduled for March 30, 2021
Absentee/Early ballots were delivered today (March 9th). The Ballot Box is open to return ballots.
VOTE BY MAIL
Applications to vote by mail must be received in the Town Clerk's office by 5PM on Wednesday, March 24th. Please note that you must fill out a new application for elections in 2021.
There will be vote by mail for the March 30 , 2021 election and for the safety of voters and election workers, voting by mail is strongly encouraged. The state law pertaining to vote by mail has been extended through March 31, 2021. There is information explaining the differences between absentee and early voting at this link https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleabsentee/absidx.htm
All polling locations will be open on election day. The polls will be open from 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM.
- There will not be any early voting in person.
- The Town Clerk's office is accepting vote by mail and absentee applicatons now. The application must include the signature of the voter. Ballots will be available in early March.
- Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org but again they must have a signature.
- This is the link for vote by mail application https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/elepdf/2021-Vote-by-Mail-Application.pdf
- To qualify for an absentee ballot you must:
- Be out of Town on Election day
- Have a disability the keeps you from voting at the polls on election day
- Have a religious belief that prevents you from voting at the polls on election day
- Absentee ballot applications may be completed by a family member and this is the link for an absentee ballot application https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/elepdf/absentee/English-Absentee-Ballot-Application.pdf
- Precinct 1
- Precinct 2
- Precinct 3
- Precinct 4
- Precinct 5
- Precinct 6
- Precinct 7
- Precinct 8
- Precinct 9
- Precinct 10
Please click here to view the election warrant. These are the vacancies in Town Meeting: Please note that these numbers include 2 recent resignations in Precinct 2 and Precinct 7.
- Precicnt 1: Vote for 11 members
- Precinct 2: Vote for 8 members
- Precinct 3: Vote for 6 members
- Precinct 4: Vote for 7 members
- Precinct 5: Vote for 6 members
- Precinct 6: Vote for 7 members
- Precinct 7: Vote for 7 members
- Precinct 8: Vote for 6 members
- Precinct 9: Vote for 9 members
- Precinct 10: Vote for 7 members
Click here to see an updated candidate report as of February 12, 2021.