Ask An Attorney
- Private 15 minute appointments. Bring your legal questions to an experienced Elder Law attorney. Attorneys will provide individual legal advice and/or appropriate referrals. Call for your appointment at 508-647-6540.
- Days & Times: Varies, usually the third Wednesday afternoon of the month.
Bagels with Board Of Selectman
- Once a month sit and enjoy a fresh bagel and speak with 1 of our Natick Selectmen. Bagels and coffee provided by Whitney Place Assisted Living Residences.
- Days & Times: Varies, usually the last Thursday morning of each month.
Computer Class Instruction & Computer Lab
- Learn how to operate a computer or to sharpen your existing skills. Surf the web and send letters to your family. Our dedicated and skilled teachers are here to help you.
- Day & Time: Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 1 - 3 p.m.
Meet with Your State Representatives
- Each month you have the opportunity to meet with your representatives. They want to hear from you. They work for you, come and meet them. Share your thoughts, ideas and concerns.
- Day & Time: Varies, Usually 1st Monday at 9:30 A.M. - Call for exact date.
- Each week we extend the opportunity to you to see a movie with friends..
- Day & Time: Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 1pm and 5:30 pm
- Players must be a member of the Friends of the Natick Senior Center, Inc.
- Days & Time is: Tuesdays starting again in September.
- Intermediate level play. Tables are made up from players who show up. More players always welcome.
- Day & Time: Thursdays at 9 a.m.
- For experienced players who can hold their own in a highly competitive environment.
- Day & Time: Wednesdays at 12:30 P.M.
- Day & Time: Tuesdays at 12:00 P.M.
- Two regulation tables are available. Men play Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Tables are open at other times for anyone to use. Players under the age of 18 require adult supervision.
- Day & Time : Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- This group meets every week to share their mutual love of word play and Scrabble.
- Day & Time: Monday afternoons at 1 p.m.
- Support group for adults of all ages who have lost a loved one within the past 3 years.
- Get in shape, join this vigorous beginners exercise session which will use most muscles of your body and a cardio workout as well—all while sitting securely in a chair.
- Tuesdays and Fridays Chair Aerobics:This class is being led by instructor John Vernon.
- Day & Time: Tuesdays at 11:15, Wednesdays and Fridays at 11am.
- $3 per class and a uses Multi-class Exercise Card. The cost is $30 for a card for 10 classes.
- Free-Group Exercise. Chair Volleyball is a modified version of regular volleyball. The game is played with an inflatable beach ball and all players must remain seated while the game is in play. A great team activity, which can improves upper body mobility, balance,and strength.
- Day & Time: Schedule varies, usually meets as follows: Monday at 12 noon and Wednesdays and Fridays at 10:30 am.
Diabetic Support Group
- For people who have diabetes, this group offers a wealth of information and support that is aimed at empowering people deal with their disease more effectively. This group is facilitated by a LICSW and utilizes educational tools and group experiences as well as occasional guest speakers.
- Day & Time: Usually the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 10am.
- Join us for open gym time at the Community-Senior Center. Any age is welcome but there is no direct supervision or organized program. We have basketballs here or bring you can bring your own equipment.
- Day & Time: Monday through Thursday between 3-4pm.
- Once a month we are able to offer the services of Podiatrist Dr T. Douglas John. He will do routine foot care, call for further guidelines and cost. By appointment only, please call the Council on Aging at 508-647-6540.
- Day & Time: 1 Wednesday morning per month, please call for exact date.
- Certified volunteer counselors provide information, counseling, and other assistance on health insurance options for seniors citizens and other Medicare beneficiaries on a twice weekly basis. Prescheduled appointments are requested. Call 1-508-647-6540 to make an appointment.
- Days & Times: Tuesdays from 1-4:00pm,Wednesdays from 10am - 12 noon, Thursdays from 1:30pm - 3:45pm.
Strength Training Class
- Strength training is an essential component to any workout program. It increases the amount of muscle you have, which in turn helps to increase your overall metabolism. Strength classes are appropriate for all levels of fitness. This class will use elastic bands and hand held weights. This class is being led by instructor Sheralee Gladu,
- Day & Time: Fridays at 10am.
- Cost: $3 per class, ongoing and uses a Multi-class Exercise Card.
- The graceful movements of the T'ai Chi will transport you to a place of calm within yourself. Loosen up all those achy joints, stretch those muscles, and improve your balance and concentration. For information call the Natick Senior Center at 508-647-6540.
- Days & Times: Fridays at 11:15am.
- Cost: $3 per class and uses Multi-class Exercise Card. The cost is $30 for a card for 10 classes.
- A small, intimate group meets to exercise with Richard Simmons and other video exercise leaders.
- Day & Time: Thursdays at 10am.
- A very popular weekly exercise program. Instructor led stretching and positioning to facilitate mind-body synthesis and well-being.
- Day & Time: Tues at 3pm with Lisa; Fridays at 2:15pm with Gene.
- Cost: $3 per class, ongoing, uses Multi-class Exercise Card ($30 for a card for 10 classes).
- Zumba combines high energy and motivating music with unique movements that fuses Latin and International music. This is an ongoing class so you can start it at any time! Don’t get left out of this fun program. This class is being led by Susan Craver.
- Day & Time: Mondays at 11:30pm.
- Cost: $3 per class, ongoing, uses Multi-class Exercise Card. ($30 for a card for 10 classes)
- Do you like to make jewelry, but don’t have all the supplies? Do you want to join some other people who love to make beaded jewelry? Come to our drop-in beaded jewelry making programs! You can come and make your own beaded jewelry creations including earrings, bracelets, necklaces, etc. All materials will be provided. There will be a modest charge per item made and taken. Sign up is requested so we can have an idea of number of attendees, but not required. Assistance will be available, but this is not a formal class.
- Day & Time: Varies by month.
Chorale Singing Group - Goldenaires
- Do you love to sing? Would you like to join others and bring that love of music to people in nursing homes? Or do you want to get together with other folks who just like to sing? If yes than come to join us. The Goldenaires choral group meets weekly for practice or performances in Metro West.
- Day & Time: Fridays at 1pm. (No practice during the summer).
- Each week a dedicated and talented group of women come together to knit, crochet, and share friendship. Many of their creations are sold each year to help raise money for the Friends, or are donated to local charities. All levels are welcome. Call the Natick Community-Senior Center at 508-647-6540 for more information.
- Day & Time: Wednesdays at 1pm.
- If you love to create works of art with fabric, or if you have always wanted to make a quilt, this is a group for you. All levels are welcome.
- Day & Time: Thursdays at 1pm.
Watercolor & Sketching
- Every week a very talented group of artists gather to share their latest art projects, questions, idea's and experience. We have volunteer instructors, who are themselves talented artists, who are eager to share their knowledge, critiques and enthusiasm. Whether a beginner or experienced artist come and make some new friends.
- Day & Time: Wednesdays mornings at 9:30am. The class is currently full.
- A diverse group of individuals who like to write and meet weekly to share and discuss their poems, short stories, and other creative pieces. For new and experienced writers.
- Day & Time: Tuesdays at 1pm.