- You Are Here:
- Health Department
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
NATICK BOARD OF HEALTH
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE COLLECTION DAY
Saturday, May 6, 2023
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
at the Natick Dept. of Public Works. 75 West St.
Natick Residents only $10.00 per car, limited to 300 cars
TICKETS must be purchased in advance in one of the following ways:
- In person at the Health Dept. Office, 13 East Central St., 2nd Floor, either by cash or by check payable to the Town of Natick - you will be given your ticket at that time.
- With a check, by April 28th, either mail a check, or put a check into the 'drop box' to the right of the front door at Town Hall. Please address your envelope: Board of Health, 13 East Central St., and be sure to include your return US Mail address so we can mail your ticket and instructions. Do not send cash.
(Tickets will not be sold on site, vehicles without a ticket will be turned away)
For more information please contact the Natick Health Department at 508-647-6460.
See DEP Hazardous Waste Regulations, 310 CMR 30.104: “Household Waste means any waste materials generated in the normal course of household activities….”
ITEMS ACCEPTED AT THIS EVENT:
|FROM THE HOUSE||FROM THE YARD/GARDEN||FROM THE GARAGE / WORKBENCH|
|drain cleaners||pesticides||wood strippers||gasoline|
|oven cleaners||herbicides||stains||transmission fluid|
|furniture polish||insect sprays||paint thinner||antifreeze|
|metal polish||rodent killers||solvents||brake fluid|
|radiator cleaners||muriatic acid||kerosene||engine & radiator flushes|
|arts & crafts supplies||no-pest strips||spray paint||rust preservatives|
|photo chemicals||cesspool cleaners||unusable oil based paint||wood preservatives|
|floor cleaners||water reactive materials|
|dry cleaning fluids|
Ø ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED AT THIS EVENT: Ø
|batteries||latex paint||motor oil||mercury|
|explosive materials||flares||propane tanks||biologically active materials|
|gas cylinders||garbage||medicine, prescription/OTC||needles/sharps|
Kiosks for Unused Pharmaceuticals and for Used Sharps/Needles are available – for information and locations please call 508-647-6460 or visit our Needle & Medication Disposal page
Reciprocal Household Hazardous Waste 2023 Collection Dates
In coordination with MassDEP, the Natick Board of Health has a reciprocal arrangement that allows residents of each town to participate in multiple household hazardous waste collection days. As a Natick resident you have the opportunity to participate in a partner town’s collection event. You will be asked to show identification confirming you are a resident of Natick
Registration: Note some towns require advanced registration.
Payment: Is made at the event. Each town determines the method of payment. Based on the amount of material you bring, the amount you pay will be determined by the contractor. Pricing is based on the host town's contract.
This link has each towns schedule, registration process, payment method and any exemptions:
Here are two private companies for your reference. This does not represent an endorsement by the Natick Board of Health:
- New England Disposal Technologies, Inc.: www.NEDT.org tele: 866-769-1621
- Clean Harbors Environmental Services: www.cleanharbors.com tele: 781-380-7121