The Recycling Center is located on West Street at the corner of Route 27. Traveling from downtown Natick, take route 27 south for approx 1.5 miles an turn right on West Street, the Recycling Center is on the left.
The Hours are:
Thursday & Friday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (noon)
Saturday & Sunday 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
All residents, may drop off recyclables at the Recycling Center. The items listed below are accepted only at the Recycling Center. The Recycling Center also accepts single-stream recycling items.
Accepted items are:
- Motor Oil (at the Motor Oil shed)
- Yard Waste (at the Yard Waste area)
- Paint (at the Paint shed)
- Household, car and button batteries
- Fluorescent and compact bulbs
- Thermometers and thermostats
- Books (used book shed)
- Used Clothing (in the clothing bins)
- Paired shoes (at the shoe bin)
- Cardboard (boxes broken down and put in appropriate bin)
- Paper (in appropriate bin)
- Styrofoam (in appropriate bin)
- Rigid Plastics (More info below)
- The paint shed accepts latex and oil base paints only.
- Up to 5 gallons per resident per visit at the recycling center during regular hours.
- No stain or thinners are accepted. Residents must see attendant for assistance.
- Stains and thinners are accepted at Hazardous Waste Collection Day, held yearly, and are not allowed in trash.
- Paint Shed is open April to October.
For large quantities of paint, stains or thinners, bring them to Clean Harbors facility at 1 Hill Ave, Braintree MA 02184. Open on Saturdays from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm. A cost of $2.50/lbs. is required.
- Waste oil may be brought to the Recycling Center. Residents can bring up to five gallons per day. Businesses are not allowed to bring oil to the Recycling Center. To help reduce spillage and contamination, please bring your waste oil to the attendant at the Recycling Center. Residents are not allowed to pour waste oil into the storage containers at the center, attendant is needed.
- Tires will be collected with our without metal rims at curbside on regular trash days. They may be put out next to your trash with a limit of two per week.
- Car batteries may be brought to the Recycling Center.
Products containing mercury pose a risk to all of us and can pollute our environment. Items, such as, thermometers, thermostats, mercury switches, button cell batteries, blood pressure machines and fluorescent bulbs all contain mercury and can be dropped off at the recycling center.
You can also exchange your old mercury thermometers for a free digital one at the Board of Health department.
Residents may bring acceptable Rigid Plastics (hard plastic items including #5 PP, #2 HDPE, and #4 LDPE) to the Recycling Center for recycling, including:
- Plastic toys and playhouses; pet carriers
- Plastic lawn furniture and landscape trays
- Plastic trash and garbage cans; toters
- Plastic shelving and closet organizers
- Plastic coolers
- Plastic milk and soda crates; pallets
There is a limited composting operation at the Recycling Center. Residents can take things like leaves, grass and brush to the Recycling Center year round.
Disposal of CRT's and Computers
Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) regulations state that Cathode Ray Tubes (CRTs) from television and computer monitors are prohibited from all Massachusetts solid waste disposal facilities. Thus Natick cannot accept them in trash collection. These are banned due to the lead content in the cathode ray tubes.
The Town of Natick will collect and recycle these items. Computers and televisions are collected as bulky waste for a fee of $25.00 each. Please call the DPW for information and to schedule a bulk waste pickup. Additionally, the Town holds an annual electronic recycling event for disposal of these items. These items will not be accepted at the Recycling Center.