- You Are Here:
- Town Clerk
- Town Meeting Information
- Prior Town Meetings
- 2020 Spring Annual Town Meeting
2020 Spring Annual Town Meeting
NOTICE OF REMOTE TOWN MEETING ISSUED BY THE NATICK SELECT BOARD
Dear Town Meeting Member, Town Officials, residents and interested parties, I wish all the best to you and yours during these challenging days. One of the challenges that we face is how to conduct our Town Meeting safely and efficiently during this global pandemic.
Frank Foss, our Town Moderator, has determined that due to the public health and safety risks posed by the novel coronavirus COVID-19 Town Meeting Members, residents and interested parties may be unable to attend the Natick’s 2020 Spring Annual Town Meeting, as originally scheduled for July 07, 2020 at 7:30 P.M. at the Wilson Middle School. Therefore, Mr. Foss requested that Town Meeting be held remotely. The Moderator’s full recommendation, which includes information about the technology selected for the Remote Town Meeting, is included with this Notice.
The Select Board agrees, and has approved a resolution for the Town of Natick to conduct a Remote Town Meeting on July 11, 2020 between the hours of 10:00 A.M. and 4 P.M., by means of an online video conferencing system known as Zoom Webinar, as requested by the Town Moderator, in accordance with the requirements set forth in Section 2 of the legislation related to municipal governance during the COVID-19 emergency (Senate bill number 2680), which has been enacted by the Massachusetts General Court, signed by Governor Baker, and codified as Chapter 92 of the Acts of 2020.
If Town Meeting votes not to allow a remote Town Meeting, then immediately following that vote, the remote Town Meeting will be adjourned to Saturday July 18, at 10:00 AM, in the Natick High School gymnasium.
For Town Meeting Members and Town Officials, please be on the lookout in your postal mail for instructions and information about Natick’s Zoom Webinar-based Town Meeting and required training sessions on how to use the Zoom platform to conduct a remote town meeting. In addition, should you desire to receive such information by email please request such at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Finally, general information and instructions will be posted on the Natick Web Site at www.natickma.gov.
If you are not a Town Meeting Member, but still wish to witness deliberations, you may watch the proceedings live on Natick’s Government Access Channel, Comcast Channel 9, RCN Channel 15 or Verizon Channel 28. Any resident or interested party, who is not a Town Meeting Member may not vote on matters considered Town Meeting, may be recognized to address Town Meeting provided that the voter has obtained permission from the Moderator in advance of the particular Town Meeting session.
If you are a person with a disability who needs any accommodation in order to attend and/or participate in this meeting, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact Susan Ramsey, Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, by telephone at 508-647-6400. If you are hearing or voice impaired, please call 711.
On behalf of the Select Board, I look forward to your attendance at this important Remote Town Meeting and I thank you for your service to the Town.
Natick Board of Selectmen
Town Meeting Member Meetings (Before Town Meeting)
- Town Meeting Member Orientation (July 9, 2020)
- Town Meeting Member Practice Session #1 for Virtual TM (July 8, 2020)
- Town Meeting Member Practice Session #2 (July 10, 2020)
Materials for Town Meeting Members
- Finance Committee Book of Recommendations
- Finance Committee Supplement (July 7, 2020)
- Town Moderator Memo to Town Meeting Members
- FY 2021 Town Administrator’s Preliminary Budget (January 2, 2020)
- FY 2021 Town Administrator’s Preliminary Budget (Revised June 8, 2020)
- FY 2021 Amended Budget PowerPoint Presentation to Board of Selectmen (June 8, 2020)
- Financial Indicator and Trend Analysis (September 16, 2019)
- Capital Project Plan (December 2, 2019)
- Zoom Credentials for all Meetings related to Virtual 2020 Spring Town Meeting
- Zoom Versus Vvoter
- Town Meeting Schedule for July 11
- Amendment to Motion E Article 8
- Revised Motion for Article 8
- Amendment to Rule Motion Form
- Amendment to Article 8